Must understand before entering the share market
Type of market
Share issued by the company directly and have a relatively lower risk
- IPO(initial public offer)
- FPO(further public issue)
- Right and bonus share
- Purchase through stockbroker or online using user login provided by Nepse.
- Open Demat account.
Almost all the banking (through their securities company) and some broker provide Demat opening service.Simply open your Demat account from the bank where you already possess a bank account. Bring your Identity proof.
- Obtain online login credentials from your DP holder as discussed in step 1
Currently, we can apply the primary market through the internet via MeroShare.For obtaining mero share login credentialsApply for mero share when you get the Demat number at the same place and also ask for CRN number.
Now we can apply primary share like IPO, FPO, Right share when available by selecting MY ASBA –Apply for Issue from Mero share website.
For information related IPO availabilityFollow us on our Facebook page.or read news portal like Merolagani, Newssangalo, Nepali paisa, Sharesansar, etc
The secondary market
- For entering in the secondary market open an account from any broker.
For the list and address detail of the broker visit NEPSE.
- You must bring your identity proof (citizenship or other) and Demat number.
- Now you can buy or sell any listed share by visiting a broker or calling them.
You May Also like Things to Know before entering in secondary share Market in Nepal
For buy and sale of share online in Nepal you must follow some procedure
Nepse provides a full-fledged online system but the payment system is not integrated with it that’s why the online system is not functioning fully as it should be. By using the services of Connect IPS we can make payment to the broker so we don’t have to visit the broker’s office just to buy or sell a share in Nepal. In addition to that, some banks are providing 3 in 1 service in collaboration with their capital company and brokers which will provide you fully online service to buy or sell shares in Nepal.
- Visit your share broker.
- Fills the agreement form.
- Deposit cheque or amount for a certain % of the transaction.
- Then your broker will provide you the URL link for the Nepse TMS website, password, and user ID which is client ID.
Update: To mitigate the risk of covid19, Nepse provides an additional feature in TMS for obtaining an Online account. First, open the URL of your broker from the list.
Then click in the register and fill the form accordingly.
The login page will display like featured image then you have to log in with your client ID and password then the page will display like these.